Senior Stress Engineer
Are you passionate about gas turbines and have an innovative mind-set? Would you like to work with state-of-the art technologies and contribute to the global energy transition? Then this is your chance! We are looking for a Senior Stress Engineer to join our team.
About the job
The main responsibility of the Senior Stress Engineer is to execute R&D Projects related to static, dynamic and thermo-mechanical analysis within our product and technology development programs. The Senior Stress Engineer is also expected to further improve and develop OPRA’s methods in the field of FEA and stress analysis. This function is placed within our Gas Turbine R&D group in OPRA’s Research and Development unit. The Research and Development unit is responsible for developing new products, services and technologies in the field of decentralized power generation.
The main responsibilities are:
- Building 2D and 3D FE models of gas turbine components and assemblies for static, dynamic and/or thermo-mechanical analysis
- Analysis of mechanical integrity for compressor, combustor and turbine assemblies and components for stress
- Performing post-processing and making appropriate conclusions
- Providing recommendations based on the analysis and suggesting design improvements
- Carrying out various types of analysis, e.g., static stress, fatigue, creep, life assessments and optimization
- Developing lifing models for gas turbine parts and validating these using field data
- Developing OPRA’s methods further in the field of FEA and stress analysis
- Producing technical reports and specifications
- Participating and presenting in gate review meetings
- Executing 3D CAD modelling for gas turbine component prototyping
This fulltime position is based in Hengelo, The Netherlands. Occasional travelling might be required.
- MSc or PhD in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- >5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Strong working knowledge of FEA software
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling software
- Experience with static stress analysis, creep analysis, fatigue analysis and thermo-mechanical analysis
- English language and communication skills (verbal and in writing) on CEFR level C1
- Experience from product development processes is an advantage
- Knowledge about super alloys is an advantage
- Experience from gas turbine component lifing methods is an advantage
- European citizenship or work permit for the European Union
- Important competences are: Results-driven, Initiative, Knowledge, Problem solving
What do we offer?
OPRA’s products are high tech and our markets are global and exciting. You will be working in a team of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- You will join our pension plan;
- The opportunity to further develop within our company.