OPRA Turbines is searching for an experienced Sales Manager to reinforce its global Sales team. Are you a good strategist, communicator and coach? Do you have a passion for Energy and Rotating Equipment? Do you get excited by joining a young challenger company on the market, and developing it to become a leader in its target market segments? Then this is your chance!
Who are we?
OPRA Turbines is a young and dynamic company designing, marketing, manufacturing and servicing gas turbines. We are based in Hengelo, the Netherlands, at the High-Tech Systems Park. Our advanced, clean, low emission gas turbine generating sets are based on our own unique and patented technology. Our key markets are 1.5-10 MW power generation solutions for oil and gas, marine and industrial customers. We believe gas turbines will continue to play an essential role in the future energy landscape, especially in our target market segments such as flare gas applications, combined heat and power and the very promising waste-to-energy applications. Quite recently we moved into our brand-new site which includes assembly areas and extensive state of the art combustion, engine and package test facilities.
About the job
- As a Sales Manager you are responsible for business development and sales of Gas Turbines.
- You will get allocated an extensive Region as your Sales Area.
- You will continuously search for ways to increase OPRA’s market share in your Sales Area.
- With the support of marketing and (application) engineering you will be on top of market trends in your Sales Area and tap into the full market potential. You will develop sales channels and you will improve and position OPRA’s unique value proposition in your Sales Area.
- You will identify and prioritize opportunities, define capture strategies and convert opportunities into orders, hereby taking the lead throughout the whole qualification, quotation and negotiation process.
- Being the central point of contact, you manage the proposal and make sure to align and budget sub-suppliers and departmental resources in accordance with the customer’s requirement.
- You will drive the handover process of the order to the Project Manager. You will support the Project Manager during the project execution phase with commercial and relational matters. You will support Service in the same way during the aftermarket phase.
- Within your Region you will be the commercial ambassador and organize OPRA’s presence and actively participate to selected events, conferences and seminars. You will support the development of sales and marketing material, making sure regional requirements are addressed adequately.
- You will be in charge of reliable sales forecasts and giving sufficient heads-up information to Engineering, Operations, Service as to their resource planning.
- You will report to the Sales Director.
What are our requirements?
- University degree in engineering.
- Proven experience with sales of capital goods, preferably rotating machinery in an international context.
- Experience with managing agent/reseller networks is a plus.
- Result oriented, responsible and competitive personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a global, multi-cultural context.
- Able to quickly understand the customer’s business, take control of the sales process and challenge the customer in a healthy and commercial way.
- Good business / technical judgment; able to translate technical advantages into attractive business cases.
- Fluency in spoken/written English is essential. Fluency in other languages is an advantage.
- You are willing to travel frequently (up to 50%).
What do we offer?
OPRA’s products are high tech and our markets are global and exciting. You will be working in a team of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
Moreover, we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An attractive sales bonus scheme;
- You will join our pension plan;
- When you need to relocate, we offer assistance and reimbursement of costs;
- The opportunity to further develop within our company.
If you wish to apply for this job, please upload your CV and a short motivation letter in English. If you have any questions about the job, don’t hesitate to contact us.