At OPRA Turbines, quality is key. We are expanding our Quality Health, Safety and Environment team. Will you join us in the position of Quality Engineer?
About the job
At OPRA, we focus on delivering world-class quality and reliability through our advanced turbine technology, allowing us to serve global markets with clean, distributed energy solutions. It is everyone’s job to maintain and improve the quality of products and processes. The main responsibility of the Quality Engineer is not only to contribute to that but also to create an environment where having an eye for and increasing quality is “standard” and to drive and empower these improvements in a pragmatic but also structured way.
Daily activities vary from investigating root causes for current issues to optimizing process flows. You will be in close contact with all your OPRA colleagues, customers and suppliers. The Quality Engineer completes the QHSE team. This team is also responsible for customer documentation.
About our turbine
OPRA’s advanced turbine technology (e.g. combustion, aerothermal, mechanical, electrical, and controls & systems engineering) has resulted in the OP16 Gas Turbine and Package, and turned the OP16 into a masterpiece of technology.
Your main responsibilities
- Coordinate, organize, perform, report on, and follow up on 8Ds for issues regarding products and processes;
- Be the driving force and the central point for improving, monitoring and reporting 8Ds and drive 8D progress and ownership;
- Inform and update our customers about the milestones and status of root cause analyses, and explain to them how these analyses affect them now or in the future, and how the customer benefits from these;
- Coordinate, organize, perform, report on, and follow up on QHSE and product risk assessments and (improvement) actions for projects (and) at OPRA;
- Be the owner of DNV and API standards, and act accordingly to ensure that OPRA complies to the newest editions released;
- Audit OPRA and its suppliers for compliance to international standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001, and to take the lead solving actions regarding these audits;
- Ensure that quality issues (internal/external) are being solved, and create and implement strategies for quality assurance in product development and production;
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in quality of OPRA products, services, and processes.
This fulltime position is based in Hengelo, The Netherlands. Travelling might become part of this job (approx. 10%). Customer and supplier sites are located around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering
- At least 5 years function-specific expertise
- Knowledge at practitioner level in DNV and API standards
- Knowledge at practitioner level of inspection and designing methods
- English language and communication skills (CEFR level C1)
- Dutch language and communication skills (CEFR level C1)
- A results-driven and problem-solving personality that also matches the OPRA core values
- European citizenship
- Well-developed planning, organizing, and communication skills
- Having knowledge of gas turbines or other rotating equipment is a plus
What do we offer?
OPRA’s products are high tech and our markets are global and exciting. You will be working at an international company of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
- A competitive salary
- You will join our pension plan
- The opportunity to further develop your horizon within our company
If you wish to apply for this job, please upload your CV and a short motivation letter in English. If you have any questions about the job, don’t hesitate to contact us.