Legal & Compliance Officer
Are you interested in providing legal & compliance services to an international operating company within the energy sector, while working in an experienced and motivated organization? This is your chance! We are looking for a Legal & Compliance Officer to join our team. This is a new role within our company.
About the job
As a Legal & Compliance Officer at OPRA you are responsible to support our organization on all legal matters. This is a new function within our company hence why we are looking for someone who wants to be a part of this new chapter at OPRA Turbine: an unique opportunity. Your main responsibilities would be:
- Identify legal & compliance matters and minimize risks.
- Review and prepare legal documentation and commercial contracts in order to comply with applicable laws & regulations
- Involved in the risk review process before contract reward
- Improve and maintain our standard set of template contracts such but not limited to sales contracts, business partner (agents/reseller) contracts, NDA, LTSA, general T&C for sales and service in order to comply with applicable laws & regulations
- Create new template contracts on service partner contracts, MoU, LOI and co-development (R&D), licensing agreement & packaging agreement
- Improve purchase contracts on achieving better control on performance and flexibility
- Advise on and deal with disputes and litigation
- Provide general employments law advice
- Contribute to the general/legal/compliance goals of the company, such as creating awareness, drafting and maintaining up to date models
- Engage and manage external lawyers on a case-by-case basis.
- Implement and maintain Data Protection (AVG), Export Control and other compliance issues when applicable
What are our requirements?
- Master ‘s degree in Dutch Law
- At least 5 years of experience as in in-house lawyer within an Industry firm, and
- Having minimal 2 years of experience working in a law firm is considered to be a plus
- English language and communication skills (verbal and in writing) at CEFR level C2
- Knowledge of international law, tax law and patent law is a plus
- Minimum 24 work hours per week.
What do we offer?
- Set-up of Legal & Compliance Officer function within OPRA
- Competitive salary
- Joining an exciting journey with a fast growing organization
- An international work environment with knowledgeable colleagues.
- In case you do not live close to Hengelo, home office is definitely a possibility..
If you wish to apply for this job, please upload your CV and motivation in English. If you have any questions about the job, don’t hesitate to contact us.